Monday, July 20, 2015

Mythology: My truth and Your Truth


The journey started with finding new story to read and to share it with other, I downloaded few books of Jainism and started reading. I hardly completed one page and came across familiar Hindu name ‘VASUDEV’ and I was awe!

I started reading about Vasudev and then my journey to different topics started, I could not identify what to believe and how to measure what is the truth!

There were instances where I found Pisach was one of the tribe living in ancient Kashmir who were sons of Kashyapa!

But then again my curiosity was risen to know more and to get answers of my questions: was the past/ time of Rama, Mahavir, Carvaka (another religion of that time), Ajivika was like today’s time. Everyone saying I am the truth or was there some different scenario. In today’s world people are trying to convert other people into their religion but no one tells you the truth that it is subjective. Religion is system which teaches you to live better. My truth could be different than your truth; there is no harm in it, you are not doing anything wrong neither I am doing anything wrong.

Till the time I reached this conclusion I found this video of Mr. Devdutt Pattanaik who presents his views on this subjectivity and objectivity of mythology!

He says myth can never be the same for me or you! And I think I have got my answer.

Presenting here that video which might help you to expand your vision towards the belief system.


-FeelXpress
Think-Feel-Do

No comments:

Post a Comment